Movement Therapy and Bodywork
Welcome to your personal body-mind healing journey. I work with a number of somatic healing modalities including
- Somatic Psychotherapy
- Movement Therapy
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy
- Birth Processing and Early Developmental Trauma Healing
This work can benefit:
- Infants with their Families
- Children with their Families
- Teens and Children
- Adults in a Group
Depending on your needs and desires, these may all be part of your treatment or we may choose a primary modality for most of your healing treatment. My central focus at the Whole Movement Center is helping clients ages 0-100+ find greater their integrity of body/mind/spirit. I view the body and mind as one entity that is amazing and profoundly intelligent. I believe when therapy is conducted in a nurturing, safe and respectful environment, a place where the body’s truths as well as the psyche’s are acknowledged—the mind-body entity will move towards healing and growth of its own accord. Whether it’s psychotherapy, movement therapy or bodywork, the focus is always on bringing greater awareness, integrity, creativity and balance to the body/mind/spirit.
Whole Movement Somatic Therapies help you:
- Heal physical strain and stress patterns
- Enjoy your body
- Re-pattern your body movements to uncover more ease and grace
- Resolve shock and trauma
- Strengthen your sense of safety and resourcefulness in the world
- Deepen your connection to your authentic self and those you care about in your life
- Become healthier and happier
- Deepen your creative life
It all begins with movement…
Do you believe you could be moving better than you are now? Are you in pain? Do you feel disconnected from your body? Are old injuries preventing you from doing the things you love? Have you tried other treatments but they haven’t gotten to the root of your body issues?
At Whole Movement Center, I look at how you move and where you might be moving with more freedom and support. All treatment plans are designed individually based on you and your body’s needs.
You will receive experienced guidance to explore your potential for
- increased body-awareness and
- facility of movement and consciousness
A Whole Movement Therapy session may combine
- developmental movement re-patterning
- expressive dance
- somatic forms of movement and dance
- Body Mind Centering® (read more about what a Body-Mind Centering® session is like by clicking here,
- somatic psychotherapy, if desired
Over time, you will develop an enduring intimacy with yourself and your processes for healing, which once embodied, carries over into the rest of your life and relationships.
If you are ready to live a truly embodied life, call me at 802-324-1731 or use the contact form below.
To truly thrive… Children need a supportive place to play, dance, move, sit quietly, throw, push, pull, build, knock-down, invent, rage, rest, laugh, love, create and cry to integrate body, soul, and mind. Children show us what is going on in their inner world by “acting it out.” Children’s hurts and traumas become mapped in their bodies and movement patterns developmentally. Whole movement therapy aims to meet children in their inner world with the goal of helping to re-pattern old hurts and traumas while empowering children to meet their new developmental challenges in life. Child/Infant Developmental Movement Therapy helps children achieve developmental milestones while working with the child’s innate desire to play and connect with you. Your child’s session may be pure developmental movement re-patterning, or expressive movement, play, and somatic psychotherapy. Movement therapy is dynamically helpful for children who are working through developmental milestones or early trauma (including birth traumas), as well as children experiencing high anxiety and fear, anger, sensory and attention issues, disorganization, and discomfort in their own skin. If your are ready to help your child with their development, call 802-324-1731 for free consultation.
Our unique children’s sessions include Developmental Movement Therapy.
To read more about Infant/Child Movement Therapy click here.
Bodywork might involve hands-on energy and structural alignment therapy, Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, or bodywork with somatic psychotherapy.
Psychotherapy + Bodywork
A supportive combination of hands-on approaches to health, well-being, trauma and general nervous system recovery combined with Somatic Psychotherapy.
- Calming to the nervous system (important for grief and trauma survivors)
- Elevates mood for people who struggle with depression
- Special opportunity to work with body therapist who specializes in trauma and mental health
- A safe way to redefine one’s relationship to touch and body image as a therapeutic goal
- Improves overall wellness and positive self awareness
- Supports integrative processing of body-mind-spirit and personal development
If you are ready to start your journey to wellness call 802-324-1731 for free consultation.
What is BIODYNAMIC CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY?
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy is a gentle yet profound non-invasive, hands-on treatment for the whole body. Performed on a massage table, the client is fully clothed and the touch is generally light and still.
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy takes a whole-person approach to healing and the interconnections of mind, body and spirit are deeply acknowledged. It is an effective form of treatment for a wide range of illnesses helping to create the optimal conditions for health, encouraging vitality and facilitating a sense of well-being. It is suitable for people of all ages including babies, children and the elderly, and can be effective in acute or chronic cases.